Here’s what happened on Financial Wellness this week…
How much does it cost to file bankruptcy? The cost depends on whether you’re filing a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy case. Most of the cases filed in the U.S., about 71%, are Chapter 7 cases. The rest of the cases, about 29%, are Chapter 13 cases. What’s the difference between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 cases? The major difference between the two types is the income level of the debtor. Find out what the costs are and what you need to do when filing bankruptcy… Click to read more
The US Department of Education is recommending that a single entity handles all student loan debt collection. Monopolizing debt collection may help avoid confusing student loan debt collection laws. Having a single debt collection agency also means lower operating costs. This can also prevent massive budget overruns in the future Daily Tarheel reports… Click to read more
Credit repair software may help you repair bad credit. Whether to get funds for your dream home or for your business, a good standing credit score is necessary. You can get either a professional credit repair software from reputable companies or get free credit repair programs online. But first, take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of using credit repair software to help you decide… Click to read more
Getting out of debt can be one of the most rewarding feelings of accomplishment. There’s a reason that people in debt say they feel like they have a weight around their neck: it’s because you feel it everywhere you go. Higher debt levels impact your ability to invest, save for your future, and enjoy your money… Click to read more
Make money online to earn a few extra dollars. Most of these suggestions will tell you how to earn money from home. But if you’re feeling up for it, you can go the extra mile by being a mystery shopper and take advantage of your next trip to the nearby convenience store… Click to read more
What have learned about finances this week? Let us know in the comments below.